Sunday, February 3, 2008

Update




Yes, it's been a while. Besides the kajillion feet of snow, which will probably take until the summer,to melt away, these are some of the happenings in the Lim home:

Our neighbor had their son in law come over to shovel our roof. Two grown hardworking men spent 4 and ahalf hours on the roof and said, "Don't tell anyone we did it for $100.00". It was a lot harder than theythought. It was worth every penny of that because there's so much snow on our roof. I was so afraid of itcollapsing and crushing the kids in the middle of the night. I'm a worry wart when it comes to that so, because I didn't have the time, it was worth every penny.

Brooke slipped on the kitchen floor, broke her left elbow. Jeannine had mopped the floor and somehow Brookeslipped and broke it. First person in the Lim family to break a limb.

Jeannine and I will be married for 10 years this July. Man, how could she have put up and tolerated me forthis long. Ten years!!!

I was a Cub Master for the 8-10 year olds at the church for less than a month, did my one pack meeting andnow am the ward mission leader. We have 2 really good Elders so I look forward to working with them.

Jeannine and I started guitar lessons. In hopes of jamm'in around the camp fires and bringing more musicinto our home, this is a little adventure that we're taking on together. Plus, it's a great opportunity tospend time together. Husbands and wives need that alone time, ya know.

October will be 2 years for my braces. Dr. Smith said 24-28 months. Hopefully I'll have a movie star smilewhen all this is done.

Jovee has her CT Scan this Thursday and MIBG Scan on Friday. She's been complaining more that her leg hurts. I hope it's just growing pains. She did have the nueroblastoma all over her body, including the lower half.So I hope that the cancer hasn't spread. The last tests were the beginning of December. It's been 2 months.We've been praying that the last remaining tumor on the left side will have shrunk or disappeared. Please, please shrink or be gone. She deserves to have it gone. She's so good. Does anyone deserve to have a lifethreatening illness? Of course not. I'll post pictures tomorrow. She's got a lot more hair, growing like crazy.

I haven't prayed on my knees for a while until yesterday. Usually I pray on my drive into Spokane. I have atleast 45 minutes of good pray/talk time. But I really needed some help so I dropped on my knees and pleaded forsome divine intervention. I received the answers to 2 of the things that I prayed for that same afternoon. Thank you.

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of the benefit fundraiser for Jovee and our family. If anyone doubts that there is a God and that miracles have ceased, come talk to me and I'll tell you all about that miraculous night.

No comments: