Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Another round

Well, we had a very good week off, being able to go back home to Deer Park. Everything was normal, nothing crazy, different, or too exciting.

Now we're back here at the Extended Stay. Reality hit again when we met with Dr. Julie Park Monday afternoon. She brought us back to reality of the high dose chemotherapy and the reality of Jovee getting really, really sick because of the high dose chemo. So the best course for her now is to kill all the living cells in her body with the high dose and deal with all the tough side effects that go along with it.

Jeannine and I now again face a tough decision on whether to go through with the high dose chemo and stem cell transplant. Jeannine just discovered what looks like a zit with a white head on Jovee and one red mark on her forehead. Chicken Pox? I don't know...we'll see tomorrow morning.

We all went to the Woodland Zoo today. The kids all had a good time checking out all the animals. An orangutan saw me clap my hands and after staring at me for about 10 seconds clapped its hands with me. It was pretty cool that it followed my lead.

No comments: